Good use of technology can lift an event from bland and mediocre, to impactful and memorable. There are hundreds of apps which claim to support and improve events and conferences in a variety of ways from providing a platform for event comms to streamlining social media. Here’s our pick of the best to cover all bases and suit a variety of budgets.
Online solution to help you search, moderate and display tweets on a screen at your event.
– Increase social interactions during your events and conferences
– Collate all tweets in one place, you can filter by a number of factors
– Moderate in one click
– Display all the tweets on a big screen – there are three pre-set styles
– Customise the look of the display and add your logo
Cost: £25 per 24 hours of use
What we think: This is a brilliantly simple application that allows you to gain real-time feedback from your attendees via their Tweets. A great addition to any content-led event.
Simple mobile voting tool and a great way to make your event more interactive.
– Speakers can interact with the live audience
– Simple to set up for the organiser and simple to join for the attendee
– Can display responses graphically
– Attractive WordCloud option to display text-based responses
What we think: Excellent, straightforward app to increase interactivity within your event. Has the benefit of generating statistical content for you that might be valuable post-event.
Simple and straightforward app to promote your event, provide event info and manage registrations.
– Build event pages and post all event information.
– Promote your event – events are searchable by area and you can easily link your event page to social media.
– Provide tickets with unique barcodes/numbers to aid arrival.
Cost: Free for free-to-attend events. For paid-for events Eventbrite take a small cut of ticket price.
What we think: Well-known and well-used for good reason this is a great app to help manage registrations, ticketing and event communications. Excellent value for money too.
Create an event information page and improve your guests’ event networking opportunities before and after the event.
– Enables attendees to view the profiles of other guests before they attend the event, allowing them to plan in advance who they might like to meet
– Attendees can make contact with other guests before and after the event
– Attendees can digitise business cards via the app
– Organisers can post event information (agenda, maps, slides etc.) and send updates to attendees
– The app also links to other platforms such as LinkedIn
Cost: Contact Whova for a quote (priced on application)
What we think: A great way to boost the visibility of the ROI of attending your event.
Social media management… manage all profiles in one place and analyse their impact. Useful for managing multiple events across social media.
– Automatic and bulk content scheduling
– Advanced analytics, data exports – measure engagement
– Use the work flows and single account format to operate more efficiently as a team
– Unlimited e-campaigns allow you to push content
Cost: £69.99 per month, per user (based on 5 users)
What we think: Great for organisations with small teams who are all inputting to the same social media profiles. Also those with multiple events/brands/profiles or scheduling requirements.
Let us know what your favourite App is and leave us a comment below.